About our companyAn Inside Look
Where Savvy Meets Strategy…
Harbor View Consulting LLC was founded in 2016 to provide high-performance, expert financial consulting and advising in all aspects of the Reverse Mortgage industry. Experienced in large acquisition, origination, servicing, operations optimization and development of systems and work-flows to maximize performance.
The Harbor View team is anchored by elite industry talent and top niche subject matter experts: financial and consulting professionals that are the best of the best, having more than 140 years’ experience.
Our goal is to assist you with shaping and successfully implementing your business model and helping you enter, acquire or develop your market by making the right critical choices and decisions.
As your trusted partner, Harbor View, leveraging our extensive background and experience, will customize a pathway to meet your ultimate goals within the Reverse Mortgage industry. We have an emphasis on regulatory adherence, which we believe is foundational to longevity.
We have the experience and relationships in place to assist you in maximizing your Reverse Platform to elevate profits and minimize risk.
John has 33 years of experience in all aspects of Mortgage Lending. He has Executive Level Experience in building and leading successful mortgage operations for both small, regional, and large institutional firms. John has a strong background in all aspects of managing a full-service mortgage operation in the United States.
John managed the Seattle Mortgage Reverse Mortgage Division, which was number two in the nation at the time that it was sold to Bank of America in 2006. He continued to be a senior manager in the Reverse Division until they exited the business in 2011 and remained with them through 2016, overseeing the 2 billion dollar Reverse Mortgage portfolio.
- Building and leading a full-service mortgage lending organization
- Proven track record of leading companies and divisions to high levels of performance
- Relationship driven with key internal and external partners
Senior Vice President
A highly experienced individual in the mortgage banking industry with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and direct reports to deliver innovative strategies and drive results. Strong business qualifications and proven track record in loan administration, default operations, project management, risk management and compliance with specialization in Reverse Mortgage project and program management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HECM Reverse Mortgage product
- Project management with emphasis on strong communication and relationship building.
- Process analysis and optimization
Senior ConsultantKim is a visionary leader in Operations Optimization including process efficiency, analysis and quality control. She implements workflow strategies and enhancements to increase productivity while retaining the highest levels of quality and service. Kim is a first-rate expert in mortgage lending with focus experience in start-ups and overseeing multi-site retail and wholesale operations teams.
- Determine location strategy for building out best-in-industry operations teams based on availability of key talent, cost-to-acquire and cost/ability-to-retain
- Develop compensation and bonus plans that retain key talent while ensuring goals-based results
- Building strong relationships with business partners to ensure cohesive working teams and communication
- Balancing service, quality and productivity in a fiscally prudent and compliant environment
Sharon is the go-to resource for designing business models, compensation plans, market strategies, motivation and thought leadership. Her core expertise is strategic market development leveraging market intel with a focus on Business Plan & Proforma development. Sharon is a recognized subject matter expert with 20 years’ experience in the Reverse industry with some of the major market leaders.
- Strategic visionary
- Recognizing current market trends and future opportunities
- Evaluating and matching client needs for the right solution
- Sales training and motivation
Sally Bene is the former Program Director for the Tulsa branch of HUD’s National Servicing Center, with responsibility for oversight of HECM servicing. Sally was integral to the HECM regulatory revisions completed by HUD in 2017. In addition to her responsibilities to the HECM program, Sally was responsible for a number of specialized FHA mortgage programs and HUD’s Loan Servicing contract. After more than 28 years of service, Sally retired from HUD and is now adding her extensive experience to the Harbor View team.
- Proficiency in Federal Regulations
- Extensive knowledge of Reverse Mortgage guidelines
- Excellent research capabilities
- Organized and detail oriented, providing thorough and successful projects
Deborah (Chris) Pitts
- Expert Portfolio Analysis
- Extensive knowledge of Reverse and Forward Mortgage Loan products
- Expert in default servicing processes
ConsultantKourtney has a diverse background in the mortgage industry including: Reverse Mortgage Consulting, Regional Sales Management Support, Processing, and Underwriting. Her underwriting background specialized in the condominium underwriting process and reviewing documentation for compliance with Delrep and HUD published requirements and mortgagee letters. She has a demonstrated ability to overcome changing and challenging environments. Kourtney has excellent team-building and relationship management skills that can be utilized with her varied experience to unify diversified departments and programs.